Monday, July 9, 2012

Out on the Town

So, we always try to go out and do something at least once a day. These are just some pictures of our most recent adventures.
There is a cool tradition within the community that if the family that lives in the home goes and visits Mecca, they decorate the rocks outside there home. I don't know how well this would go over in our neighborhood in Arkansas, but I love seeing the paint in the Old City. It really brightens things up. 

This is a sweet candid of Hailey and Steph. We went on a little adventure to a place called Lina's in the Christian quarter. They have the best hummus I have ever had. It was sooo yummy.  
Yesterday, we went and got brownies at this Jewish Bakery that all of the students here love. Mine was warm and had a molten inside and doused in whipped cream. It was pretty good. I feel like making a food blog for all of the yummy treats that I have had here! 
One day we followed the crowd of teenagers to a huge outdoor concert in the West Jerusalem. It was way fun and I kind of just felt like I was back in Chicago at millenium park.

This was just sitting outside our gate at the center. One of the security guards probably wanted a place to nap or something.
This is Muhammed. Isn't he so cute?! Yesterday I went and volunteered at a Palestinian Day Care and helped the kids learn a little bit of English. The kids were so fun and nice to us. I really loved going there and kind of wish I could go back every day. 


1 comment:

  1. okay you are in the biggest trouble ever! i look like an oompa loompa in that pic!

    ReplyDelete