Monday, April 30, 2012

Overlook Field Trip!


Today we went on a field trip to a bunch of good overlooks, hoping we would become more oriented with the city. Unfortunately, it did not really work for me, as we all know, I am pretty bad with directions and I am more confused than ever.
Beautiful shot, right? The city behind me is the Bethlehem. Just behind me are fields for sheep. They could have been the sheperd's fields from the nativity story. (Mom, remember when you were worried I wasn't going to wear those shoes and called me a zumba instructor?:) )
This was a mini field of olive trees. I love them.
This is a part of my group. We are sooo good at looking like American tourists. We were overlooking a huge cemetery that many Jews believe will be the place of the first resurrection. Then, there is the Old City, and on the left, the site of the Temple.
This is Heather and I in front of a mosque turned synagogue that could potentially be the place of the Prophet Samuel's tomb. I thought that the green door was pretty. 
Anyway, it was a great day and I feel like I learned a lot. Tomorrow will be a day of studying and classes, so it was nice to have a day in the sun. (I am sure you are worried, but I have yet to get sunburned, knock on wood.)
Love and miss everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment