Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hezekiah's Tunnel

Monday we went on a field trip to the archaeological site of the city of David. It is outside the old city walls and is a really cool place. Our favorite site there was being able to trapse through an old water tunnel built at the time of Hezekiah. Then, it ended up at the Pool of Siloam, which is the place in John 9 where Christ tells the blind man to wash and be healed. I loved visiting there. It was so amazing. 
Me in front of the City of David park sign. It was so hot. I was a mess!


Overlooking the houses from David's palace. There weren't any wives bathing on their roofs, which was really good.


Entering in the tunnel. The water was mid-thigh deep and FREEZING. Which actually felt really good. 


Jerica in front, Analise in back and MJ on the side. We were so ready for an adventure. 





 "I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord."

Today I finished Hebrew and Old Testament. It was such a relief, and I can read the ten commandments in Hebrew! So cool. I am so sad I will never take that class again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment