Friday, June 29, 2012

I <3 Jordan: Day I

Our first stop in Jordan was at Mt. Nebo. It is the traditional spot of where Moses first saw the promised land.
At the top of Mt. Nebo, with a very nice fiery serpent statue behind us. 

Then, we had quite the little hike through the hot desert to Machaerus. It is the spot of one of Herod's fortress complexes and also the probable spot of John the Baptist's imprisonment and martyrdom. 
 I was so happy that at the next rest stop they had salt and vinegar chips. I love them a lot and I haven't seen them  in Israel yet. Either way, I was really excited.
Who couldn't love a potato wearing hat and lipstick saying, "flavor me!"
It was a pretty long day on the bus. Things got a little sassy.

On the way to Wadi Musa, we turned a corner on the bus and immediately pulled over. Pictures don't do it justice but this is one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. Also, by looking at the photo, you can see how the majority of Jordan is desolate and deserty, but pretty in it's own special way. 

Soooo windy!

No comments:

Post a Comment