Sunday, May 27, 2012

Free Day at the Israel Museum

I was really prepared for a droll day at the Israel museum, but luckily, it was actually really cool. I am such a big fan of museums that aren't just like a bunch of rooms. We started out looking at a second temple period replica of the old city. Ste-fanny and I could not resist taking a godzilla pic. Juan was a very patient photographer. The museum was pretty amazing. We saw the dead sea scrolls, ancient sarcophagi and paintings by Monet. What more could ya ask for? I would definitely go back.  

We might have gotten yelled at by a security guard. It was still worth it.
The LOVE statue in hebrew.  
The Israel Museum's version of the Chicago bean.

I don't really know what this is from, but the blue was so beautiful.
We saw some that were very similar in Turkey.
 
I think arabic is so beautiful.
Warhol's paintings of famous 20th century Jews. Can you name them? I got Gertrude Stein, Kafka, Freud, Einstein and the Marx Brothers... I could probably goog the rest.

I was so surprised to see some really cool contemporary art. I just turned the corner and there was a Pollock. So great. 

If you were wondering, this is an apple core. I don't think there was any significance.


No comments:

Post a Comment