Monday, May 28, 2012

It's gettin' hot over here...

I feel like we went everywhere today. Our first stop was at the place of Samson's birth. We then went to the overlook of where David and Goliath would have fought. 
Obviously it was the perfect time for some rock slinging. I could throw a rock farther than I could ever sling it but some people were pretty good at it. 

I love these gurrls. 

We then went to this other place called Lakish. This was a huge room that stored doves for different uses. I came to the conclusion that if it was full, it would literally be my worst nightmare.

We were always so happy to go down into the cisterns and caves today. Most of this city was built underground and it was so apparent why. It was really really hot. Kinda just felt like you constantly had your face in the oven. 
These were the Bell caves. They were carved out as chalk mines during the Islamic period. They were really amazing and had cool acoustics. We sang a few hymns there, which was really beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment