Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Breaking in my shoes...

I feel like I say this every day, but we did so much! We were outside for most of the afternoon, I totally have a clearly defined watch tan. It is really splendid. After Hebrew, we headed out to South of the Old City (about a 45 minute walk, I really need to figure out the public transport here). We first stopped at Church of St. Peter Gallicantu. It is a beautiful, newly restored building with lots of pastel mosaics, which is very unlike anything I have ever seen. It is also traditionally the place of where Peter sat on the steps and denied Christ three times. Of course, there were constantly roosters making noise in the background, it really set the scene. 
This is Jay and I in front of the steps. He is such a crack-up.
We played around in the ruins around there a little bit. Some people also believe that was the place that Jesus was held before he was taken to Pilate to be judges. 
Then, we headed to Schindler's grave, but it was locked, so we found some funny little picture frames to take a picture in.


So, next, we went and visited King David's Tomb, which we found out from a very local native is also the traditional site of the last supper. It was kinda a maze, and I was a little confused. I thought that the entry room was the actual room because the plaque explaining the room was in the entry room. Everyone was very confused when I asked them to take this photo: 


And then I realized that was not the correct room and that was disappointing for a minute, until I realized that the real room was much cooler. 

But then, my camera died... and my friends have all the pictures.  So, that is all. I will put the rest of my day up tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment