Sunday, May 20, 2012

Turkey Shmirky. I love Turkey.

Just got back from an absolutely amazing week in Turkey. We saw so many different sites and were able to follow a lot of places that Paul taught. It was an absolutely amazing experience. There was plenty of traveling time. We were alllways on the bus. But, it really wasn't too bad. 

One of the best parts of this trip was that I totally found which people in our group will let me sleep on them. Shout out to Geoff, Heather and Camila--bus buddies 4ever.
One of our first stops was the Grand Bazaar. I used a lot of self restraint there. There were sooo many nice fake purses and "genuine fake" watches. I was just so overwhelmed by the sheer size of it all.  
This picture is for Marky Mark-There were so many cool tea sets everywhere! I just did not have any space to bring them home and keep them safe :(.
We then went to Topkapi Palace. It was the Ottoman Sultan Mehmet II's palace. It is now a museum and had some pretty cool stuff, like a lot of the jewels and clothing worn by the Sultan. 
Mary Jane and I in front of Topkapi Palace. Lovin' the fanny pack.
Istanbul!

No comments:

Post a Comment